If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
34 Reasons Why People Unsubscribe from RSS feeds:
Too many posts – 37
(that’s a real problem.. and that’s why I unsubscribed blogs like gizmodo)
Infrequent Posting (or the blog is dead) – 29
(That’s not a problem for me: In google reader I don’t even see the blogs with no posting)
Partial Excerpts Feeds – 25
(That’s HUGE problem about feeds. I also hate the feed without no images that quickly tell me what is the post about)
Too many posts that I see elsewhere (Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News) – 19
(Hate that too.. But I’m used about that. Isn’t there some coder that wanna try to fix this problem? Maybe implementing some “reduntants news” finding and merging?)
Uninteresting Content – 16
(Why did you subscribe it?)
I want to share my list of attributes for a single feedreader (to be used in the feedreader matrix).
Can you help me adding some more features to organize feed readers?
- Type (web, client)
- OS (windows, osx, linux..)
- Cost (free, $)
- Import / export
- Sync with other feedreader
- Views (newspaper view, custom, 3 panels…)
- Sorting (date, custom order, relevance)
- Organize (tagging, foldering, marking)
- Interface (simple, complex, standard, futuristic)
- Keyboar shortcuts
- Ignore duplicate posts
- Stats of your habits
is there more? Can you help me to identify what feature can help to choose your next feed reader?
Planning to make a “feed reader” matrix comparison. There will be 3 functions:
- Adding feed readers to database (collaborative contributions)
- Browsing feed readers list and informations
- Filtering the best feed reader by choosing features
This is an image of the last function:
What do you think? Will you contribute adding feed readers to database and specifing features?