Graphics, Illustrator, Links
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
Face your manga
La moda del momento. Molto ben disegnati gli avatar in stile manga, tante le customizzazioni possibili.
Poche opzioni, ma risultato carino.
Grande varietà di customizzazioni, output medio.
Risultato carino, ma poco libera la customizzazione (non è proprio manga style).
Tantissime scelte. Risultato molto curato.
Graphics, Illustrator, personal
Ho suggerito ad un amico in cerca di un logo di utilizzare quei concorsi online che organizzano tutto e premiano uno o due vincitori. Lui ha seguito il mio consiglio ed ecco qui il concorso che potrebbe permettere a qualcuno di voi di vincere 200€ (non sono tanti, ma un paio di ore io ce le investirei). Qui il concorso su worth1000, che scade tra 6 giorni (dovrebbe scadere venerdì 5 settembre).
Una volta scaduto il concorso pubblicherò qui i migliori loghi (ah, su worth1000 tra 6 giorni potrete votare direttamente voi il logo preferito, anche se il vincitore dei 200€ verrà scelto dal mio amico).
Css, Graphics, XHTML, code, iphone, mac, osx
this is the code to attach a custom css for the iphone browser only (soon my blog will have an iphone css).
<link media=”only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)”
href=”iPhone.css” type=”text/css” rel=”stylesheet” />
A great fuzz from italian blogs about the new Italia.it logo and tourism website… and This is my comment (yes, it’s just a logo):
more intelligent comments:
here, there, over there, under here, on the table, over the table, far away and now.
Bad interface, Good interface, Graphics, Links, XHTML, js/ajax, mac
Incredibly “mac” stylish: Here the demo.
I really don’t like the default menu icons for the Google Notifier (osx). There are too big, so Let’s change into something more “osx style” (see the preview):
Right onlick on “Google Notifier.app”, choose “Show package contents”, enter the “contents” folder, enter the “resources” folder and paste the 3 png you can download here.
Astonishing visualization of the maldivians blogosphere.
Graphics, Links, gadget, game
Create your own and post the image. A WeeMee is a cool graphic image … of you. Use it wherever you go on the web, in messaging, on your blog in email and more.
Graphics, Site news, me
The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad (BOCOG) released the Pictograms of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games on the occasion of the 2-year countdown to the opening of the Games.
the Pictograms of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games integrate pictographic charm of inscriptions on bones and bronze objects in ancient China with simplified embodiment of modern graphics, making them recognizable, rememberable and easy to use. Skillfully using the effect of sharp contrast between the black and white colors which the typical Chinese traditional artistic form of rubbings have, the Pictograms of the Beijing Olympic Games display distinct motion character, graceful aesthetic perception of movement and rich cultural connotations, thus arriving at the harmony and unity of form with conception.
The Beijing Olympics Pictograms comprise of 35 sport icons, namely those of athletics, rowing, badminton, baseball, basketball, boxing, canoe / kayak flatwater, canoe / kayak slalom, cycling, equestrian, fencing, football, artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline, weightlifting, handball, hockey, judo, wrestling, swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo, modern pentathlon, softball, taekwondo, tennis, table tennis, shooting, archery, triathlon, sailing, volleyball and beach volleyball.
English, Graphics, Links, Software
Here 10 tips to organize your photoshop layers when you work on web sites layout:
- Before start working, create folders to organize your layers.. Organize them in a tree format (take a look at the image). If you start without folders, you’ll loose a lot of time to re-organize layers.
- Use forlders colors (easier to identify folders and quite prettier).
- Name the layers: you have to name them when you create, not later. Name ALL the layers or you will mess your photoshop work.
- Create a lower folder to organize the images sources (logos, cutted images, artworks). If you crop or modify some source, you can always get the unmodified original quite fast without looking for them in your hard-disk or on the web.
- Link the layers that should be linked.
- Don’t raster font layers…
- Join layers as soon it get your work easier (sometimes It’s better to have less layers).
- Create a top forlder called BROWSER (here you’ll put the browser frame: sometimes clients want to see the “site preview” inside a browser).
- Don’t use layers comps if you are not sure about that (I once tryed it and lost yours or work).
- Save final composition to PNG (gif is color number limited, JPG has fucking compress “same color” problems). PNG is quite heavy format, but is a looseless format!
What are your photoshop layers tips?
Graphics, Links, gadget
Here you can see many creative art cover for ipod called GelaSkins.
What are GelaSkins?
GelaSkins are very thin, protective iPod covers made with high grade 3M vinyl and patented adhesive technology. An ultra-clear, scratch resistant, glossy coating is then applied to the GelaSkin for added durability and a photo quality finish.